The Ultimate St. Patrick's Day Hangover Cure
St. Patrick’s Day, not St. Patty’s Day, is one of the most celebrated holidays around the world. In every corner of the world you will see green. Whether it’s New York turning the Hudson Green or Paris lighting up their Eiffel Tower Green. It is a worldwide event, so understandably there will be a worldwide hangover.
The St. Patrick’s Day hangover is felt across the world and we are pioneering a new ailment from an older time. Today we are going to go through the recipe for the Ultimate Hangover Cure – Shamrock Smoothie. This recipe was passed on from St. Patrick himself to our resident herbalist Sister Brigid, whose college degree was actually conferred by St. Patrick, so you know it’s legit.
Everyone has been there, the day after St. Patrick’s Day, waking up and having the driest mouth you have ever experienced. Struggling to take a breath because you are so dehydrated. That’s where the St. Patrick’s Potion comes in.
What You Will Need:
- A handful of spinach – plenty of iron
- 1 Large juicy orange – your Vitamin D
- 1 Carrot - beta carotene for healthy skin and eyesight
- 1 Kiwi - for the flavour
- 1 Green Apple - for the sweetness
- Give the spinach a good wash, you don’t know where it’s been.
- Remove the skin from the orange and break into segments.
- Quarter the apple and remove the core. Keep the skin on, we need all the help we can get.
- Peel the kiwi and cut into quarters. Take the skin off, no one wants a hairy smoothie.
- Peel the carrot and chop it into chunks.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and add water.
- Add mint to garnish, we need to manage that bad breath somehow.
All you have to do now is grab a glass and enjoy. Now you are ready for round 2. Make sure to send us on your attempts at the Shamrock Smoothie and let us know how you got on.
Other St. Patrick’s Day Hangover Cures
If a smoothie is a no go, surley one of these will do the job
- Jump into the lovely Irish sea at the fourty foot out in Dun Laoighre and hope for the best. - The smoothis is looking much better now isn’t it.
- Sit outside the ultimate creeping spot and watch others struggle with their hangover.
- A bottle of Lucozade on the rocks a pint glass. Scientifically proven to never fail…
- A dirty chicken fillet roll
Between the Paddy’s Shamrock Smoothie and a dip in th Irish sea you will be all set for round 2. Remember, this recipe has been passed down by St. Patrick himself to our resident herbalist, Sister Brigid
To have the honour of meeting our resident herbalist Sister Brigid make sure to come in and see the best thing to do in dublin that everyone is talking about. Follow the link for prices to visit and experience Vaults.Live.